The Gregorian Repertory
Translations of the chant texts into German:
Prof. em. Bernhard Schmid, Rottenburg, Germany
Translations of the chant texts into French:
On behalf of the Academy of Gregorian Chant, Gerald Messiaen (President), Namur, Belgium, http://gregorien.be
Translations of the chant texts into English:
Dr. Kate Helsen, London, Ontario, Canada
Translations of the texts on title page and impressum into English:
Stephen Smith, Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
Translations of the texts on title page and impressum into French:
Gerald Messiaen, Namur, Belgium
Attribution: You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
NonCommercial: You may not use the material – e.g. translations, recordings (audio/video), commentaries and analysis – for commercial purposes.
ShareAlike: If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
No additional restrictions: You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
We have tried to the best of our knowledge and ability to research, request and obtain permissions for all copyrighted material. If copyrighted material, has been used without the necessary permissions, kindly contact us so appropriate arrangements can be made for the current and future use.
The database is grounded on the Vulgate texts of the Perseus Digital Library.
Perseus Digital Library Project, Department of Classics, Eaton Hall 134C, Tufts University, Medford MA, 02155; Editor in Chief: Prof. Dr. Gregory R. Crane.
- 10% of the texts were drawn from the homepage http://www.thelatinlibrary.com.
The Neo Vulgate:
The Neo Vulgate texts are drawn from the homepage “The Holy See”, rubrical “Resource Library” (at the base of the page).
Development of the Database:
- Until 2016: Gerald Messiaen, Namur, Belgium – Académie de Chant Grégorien, http://gregorien.be
- Since 2016: Prof. i.K. Dr. phil. Inga Behrendt, Rottenburg, Germany
- 2017-2019: Dr. Michael Derntl, eScience-Center, Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen
The owner (since 8th Nov. 2018):
Diocese Rottenburg-Stuttgart – represented by Vicar-General Dr. Clemens Stroppel, Episcopal Chair, Eugen-Bolz-Platz 1, D-72108 Rottenburg (Germany)
Chief of the database:
Prof. i. K. Dr. phil. Inga Behrendt, Lecturer for plainchant and German Liturgical Singing at the Hochschule für Kirchenmusik der Diözese Rottenburg-Stuttgart
- Prof. Dr. Hans Schnieders, Representative of the Office of Church Music of the Diocese Rottenburg-Stuttgart
- Prof. Stephan Zippe, Representative of the International Society of Studies in Gregorian Chant (AISCGre), http://www.aiscgre.de
- Prof. i. K. Dr. phil. Inga Behrendt, Chief of the database